Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Vegan Oreo Cupcakes



This recipe is just a quick and easy way to make a cake or in this case, cupcakes out of a box mix. I usually always make things completely homemade, but since I went vegan I pretty much have had to learn new ways to make everything. These were actually the first cupcakes I made since going vegan that turned out just how I wanted them to. The taste, the texture..everything! You wouldn't even know they were vegan. My fiance ate two of them the day I made them - and he is always super hesitant and weary to try things when I tell him something is vegan, so him eating TWO says a lot right there!

Okay enough rambling, here is the recipe.

Ingredients:
   1 Box of Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate cake mix
   1/2 cup white flour
   3 tbs. apple sauce
   2 tsp. baking powder
   1 1/2 cups milk substitute (I used chocolate soy milk to make it even more chocolately)
   Oreo Ultimate Icing
   Mint Fudge Oreos (optional)
 

Mix all of your ingredients together. When I made these, I just lightly sprayed my cupcake tray with Smart Balance cooking spray and then poured the mixture into the tray. No cupcake papers this time. Follow the instructions on the back of the cake mix box for the time/temperature to cook them at. For me it took about 25 minutes at 325 degrees.

Again, I took the easy way and used this frosting I found at our local grocery store. Oreo Ultimate Icing. (Can you tell I was craving Oreos badly that day?) I forgot to take a picture, so I had to find one online. Then I just topped it with a Mint Fudge Oreo for decoration.



They were delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment