Monday, July 2, 2012

Product Review: Leahey Gardens Vegan Macaroni and Cheese


When I went vegan, macaroni and cheese was something that I started to miss pretty quickly. I tried a few different brands and products that claimed to taste just like real macaroni and cheese but none of them lived up to the expectations that I had for them. This one, however, is probably the closest you're going to get to real mac and cheese. My mom whipped up a homemade concoction awhile ago and that tastes even better (I love things homemade, I always think it tastes much better!) BUT for a quick supper, this does the trick. You just boil water, cook the noodles and drain - just like a regular box of mac n' cheese. Then you get the cheese mixture, mix it with one cup of water or milk (I used almond milk) and bring it to a boil then let it simmer and thicken up. Then add it to your drained macaroni. Oh it's so so good. I chopped up some broccoli and tossed it in with the cheese for a bit because I've always loved the broccoli/cheese combination.


It tastes so good and is so creamy - I actually prefer this taste over say, Kraft. That's what I used to eat before going vegan. This is so much healthier too.


Seriously, don't you wish you could just take a scoop right this minute and try it out?

1 comment:

  1. I know this post is a couple of months old, but I wanted to say "Thanks" for sharing this. I'm not on a vegan path exactly, but I am definitely in a "get healthier" path. I think this item might be a great substitute!!!

    ReplyDelete