Monday, April 23, 2012

Product Review: Gardein Beefless Sliders


I've recently tried these beefless sliders by Gardein and I have to say - they're probably the best meatless hamburger I've tried so far! Back in my meat eating days, I actually never had a slider so it caught my attention when I saw a vegan version available!

They're very simple to make too. There are directions for the microwave on the box but I like to make them on the stove. I think they just taste better that way. All you have to do is add a little oil to a pan, heat it up (I usually just keep mine on medium heat) and then cook them for about 4-5 minutes on each side. I also toast the buns in a separate pan while the burgers are cooking.

 

I usually fix a salad to go with it. It's perfect for a quick lunch or dinner at home.

 

Oh, and these are good plain but I like to add a slice of Tofutti mozzarella cheese on mine to give it a little something extra!



2 comments:

  1. I bought these on impulse. I've never had Gardein products before but I agree these are one of the best, if not the best, veggie burger I've had (I'm excluding specialty burgers like black bean, chipoltle burgers, etc. That would be comparing apples to oranges). I can't wait to try this on my meat-eating boyfriend and his family. I went back and bought as many packages as I could fit into my freezer. I didn't buy them on sale so they're a little pricey, but worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they're definitely worth it. I think they're the best 'meatless burger' I've tried since being vegan. My family is a always hesitant to try something new and different - but I swear to them that they wouldn't be able to taste a difference!

      Delete