Thursday, November 1, 2012

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

 
I was in a baking mood this week and I was tired of cupcakes and super sweet icing..I wanted something a little sweet but also a little healthier than cupcakes. So I decided on these banana chocolate chip muffins! I love 'em. They have been my breakfast for the past few days along with a cup of soymilk!
 
Ingredients:
3 ripe bananas mashed
2 1/3 cup flour (I use King Arthur gluten free flour)
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup applesauce
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup soymilk
1/2 vegan chocolate chips (I like to use Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips)
 
Now for this, I used my BabyCake maker, but if you're baking the typical way - preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
 
In a medium sized bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon.
 
In a large bowl, mix the mashed bananas, applesauce, vanilla, sugar, and almond milk together. 
 
Once you have everything mixed well, slowly beat the dry ingredients in with the wet. Fold in the chocolate chips. 
 
Bake for 25-30 minutes until they're golden brown. I always check mine with a toothpick. When it comes out clean, you know they're done!
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment