Thursday, August 30, 2012

Domino's-Style (VEGAN) Alfredo Pasta Bowl


Before I went vegan, I was a vegetarian for four years. One of my favorite things to get from Domino's was their alfredo pasta bowl with tomatoes. I loved loved LOVED it. Now, everyone knows that it's not vegan friendly..but guess what? It's not vegetarian friendly either. If you read the ingredients on their website, there is chicken fat in the sauce. Chicken fat! I never would have guessed that in a million years. 

But anyways, I missed having a pasta bowl like that. I was craving the cheesy flavor for weeks, so I thought why not try to make a vegan version of it..and I have to say, it turned out pretty good! The only thing I would do differently next time is use regular pasta instead of whole wheat. It'd taste more like the real thing, but this was really close from what I can remember. Obviously I didn't have 'the real thing' for quite awhile, but this definitely satisfied my craving!

Ingredients:
1 box of pasta
1 can of diced tomatoes (drained)
1/2 cup Tofutti cream cheese
1 cup non-dairy milk
1 large clove of garlic (or 1/2 - 1 tsp. of garlic powder)
1/2 tsp. of salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
3 tbsp. dried parsley
Tofutti mozzarella cheese slices

I made the sauce by using a blender. Put the cream cheese, milk, garlic, salt, pepper and parsley all in the blender. Mix it well so that there are no lumps.

While I had my pasta cooking, I put the sauce in a separate pot to heat it up. You only need to do that for about 10-15 minutes on medium heat.

Once the pasta is cooked and drained, simply pour the sauce over the pasta.

Next, toss in 3 or 4 slices of the mozzarella cheese. This really added to the flavor!

Then add in the can of tomatoes.

Return everything to medium heat for about 5 or 10 minutes..Just until everything is warm and the cheese is melted.




No comments:

Post a Comment